Outside Surgery Hours
If you have a medical emergency outside of normal surgery hours –
- Have pen and paper ready to write down a message.
- Ring NHS111. You will hear a recorded message with a telephone number to ring.
- Write down the number and then ring that number.
- Give your name and address clearly and a brief account of the problem to the person who answers your call.
- A doctor or nurse will assess your emergency problem and may be able to advise you immediately.
Alternatively, the doctor may ask you to attend an emergency centre where you can consult them. If you are unable to travel and the doctor is satisfied as to the seriousness of the emergency, they will be able to arrange a home visit at their discretion.
Our nearest Out-of-hours Centre is in Summerhill Road, Birmingham B1.